Bodyline Review - Skirts, Socks and Intn'l Shipping!

*If you've never heard of the lolita fashion-style or seen how (かわいい!)cute the clothing is then you might want to skip this post OR watch a video about it here! By now, you should know I have a slight inclination towards adorable things. And by-god, if lolita ain't cute, what the heck is!?

Being my first time ordering something directly from a Japanese company, I cannot tell you how antsy I was waiting for my order to come in the post. I only chose two things, for a total of roughly $13 (due to my current financial situation and the fact that I wasn't sure about the quality from Bodyline.co.jp).

I had a moral dilemma/battle within myself about buying from a company rumored to be run by a pedophile. Yes, the infamous Mr. Yan, owner of the Japanese brand Bodyline, has some alleged drama going on about his contests. VenusAngelic (aka The Living Doll) did an insider Youtube vlog of her experience as a model for the company. It was supposedly HIGHLY sensationalized to get viewership and ratings from the Youtube audience. Since then, the online Lolita community as a whole has put out consensus that Mr. Yan is probably a little weird, and maybe not so great when it comes to getting teenagers to work for free as "winners" in his model contests, but not a pedophile. He does, however, offer very cute lolita clothing to girls WORLDWIDE without charging extortionate prices that top brands in Japan charge for garments. He also provides a channel for young fans of lolita to travel to Japan and model. That being said, I decided to give it a go and hope in the back of my mind that all the rumors are untrue! Here's my review of the products:


 Final Rating: 8/10


Shipping: 8/10 - Overall, I was happy with the shipping time/process. Bodyline gives you a tracking # in your purchase receipt email, so you can see where your item is and approximate when it will be delivered. -2 Because it only gives a rough estimate of where your item(s) are and it only updates every 48hrs. Well... it is still better than nothing.


Aesthetics: 9/10 - Very cute! I love the shade of pink my skirt is and the fact that the bow is detachable (can be worn as a headbow if I want ^ ^). My socks are soft, comfy and super adorable. I feel like a bunny when I wear them (the no-slip grips on the bottom are awesome too!) -1 because the sock material has shed a bit and the bow doesn't match the skirt exactly and the material is a little shiny.


As described: 7/10 - The sizing was okay (I ordered a size M for my skirt,Length 38cm & Waist 60-100cm). Now I say okay because I ordered that size with the fact in mind that I have a natural waistline in-between 60 - 100cm. Even so, fits a bit too snugly. Also, due to my large, *cough* badonkadonk the skirt falls a bit too short for my comfort. Mostly -3 because the skirt is listed as a "pannier" or petticoat on the website but there is NO way that it has enough poof to be one.*sigh* guess it's more dieting and squats for me ^ ^;; The socks fit because well... who can't fit socks? Even Aaron could fit them... (I made him try them on because they're sooooo soft!)


Quality: 8/10 - Again, the skirt is pretty good quality. There were NO loose threads, holes, fraying, stains, etc. The material is not cheap but it's not great. it falls well but still feels light enough. It's a cute color that isn't shiny or weird (except for the bow), and it feels nice. The socks are good except for a few things. -2 because the material did shed a bit and there's no elastic in the socks to keep them up, they kind of slouch after a few minutes. :(




    


Links to the items I bought:
Skirt
Socks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments!?

He asked...and I said, "YES!"